Learning new stuff can often be a serious business and when we get serious we tend to frown and invite stress into our lives. Put a smile on your face and notice the difference it makes to your customers :)
1. You can only have fun helping other people learn if you're having fun doing it.
2. When a class and its teacher all laugh together ... they become a unit ... enjoying the shared experience. If that community can be prolonged or re-established, and applied to the job of thinking, the teacher will have succeeded. (Highet, 1951: 56-57)
3. The power of humour to break through barriers of fear, anxiety and tension is well-recognised.
4. People like people who make them smile :) it helps if your customer likes you.
5. Smiling offers encouragement to the person that you are talking to.
6. Conti and Fellenz's research on good and bad teaching of native American learners (1988) reveals an appreciation by learners of teachers who display 'a variety of warm, human feelings that are telegraphed to students by a smile ... a genuine smile', and 'good teachers make learning fun'
7. Learning is difficult without rapport, see what happens to your customers when you smile :)
We at Tri-Coaching Partnership would love to put a smile on your face and help you learn something, so next time you look in the mirror and see a picture of a bulldog chewing a wasp just smile.
I thought I would finish with a song sung by a genius about a genius just click on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN8oLGBNXpE