Whilst at the moment the latter may probably be easier given the current climate, the former may not be so easy to achieve, especially if you do not feel able to charge your worth in such a competitive market. Perhaps you'd like to increase your lesson prices but negative thoughts sometimes get in the way, such as 'I can't charge more, no one will pay that price'.
How do we get where we want to go and once we get there how do we stay there. Here are some tips that might help:
1. Know what you want.
2. Think about what your daily work life - the hours you work, the breaks you take, your clients, your car - What does your perfect working day look like?
3. If you were advising someone else about how to be successful, what would you tell them? Write it down.
4. Kick negativity into touch, it just doesn't help.
5. Think about what will help you develop your marketplace and what are the best tools to be able to do it. Create a mind map that includes your website, Facebook and other social media.
6. Consider how you could be the best in your area - think about what the best instructor would have and how that differs from what you have currently.
7. Reputation is great but also a delicate balance. Just one negative comment from a customer could have an impact on your reputation. Having a strong online presence can help to prevent this from happening. Start a daily or weekly blog post - be positive, with driving tips, facts, information - to become the 'go to place' in your area for driving information.
8. If you want to stay ahead of the game you need to stay up to date with technology, such as sat navs, i-pads and in-car cameras.
9. invest in your own continual professional development and look after your number one asset - You. CPD pays and builds self confidence.
10. Consider what might be holding you back from succeeding - fear, family, money, time? We sometimes put obstacles in the way to sabotage our own success. Don't let YOU be the biggest problem in getting what YOU want - plan your journey now and start the action today.