We all can get a bit grumpy and down from time to time but I believe optimism is good for the soul. We can all learn to be optimistic - even poor old Victor Meldrew - so here are some tips that may help you make the sun shine.
- Stay away from negative environments
- Know your strengths and rely on them
- Read inspirational stories
- Self-manage when things are not under your control
- Change your language from 'that was wrong' to 'how could you improve that?'
- Stop looking at yourself
- Encourage people to excel
- Be spontaneous
- Be optimistic as this improves your immune system
Finally, we all have to be realists and being a Pollyanna walking around in rose tinted spectacles all the time would be plain stupid and so there has to be a balance. I will leave you with the words of Winston Churchill: 'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty'.